Global Chemical Company L.L.C. (GCC) was established as a chemical manufacturing facility in Abu Dhabi in 2006. The plant was commissioned in September 2009.
The computerised manufacturing plant produces premium quality Sodium Asphalt Sulphonate, also known as sulphonated asphalt, which is widely used as a shale stabilizer and fluid loss reducer in oil and gas well drilling operations.
A new batch manufacturing liquid reaction and blending plant produces a variety of in-house developed and formulated specialty chemicals used in drilling, completion, acid stimulation fluids operations, and oilfield chemicals in general, such as corrosion inhibitors, biocide, hydrogen sulfide scavengers, surfactants, etc.
The company continually strives to develop new chemistry for the oilfield to satisfy client and the market requirements. Our in-house development, formulation and manufacturing expertise enables us to respond quickly to customer requirements.
GCC also offers contract & toll manufacturing and blending services with our new glass-lined and stainless steel reactors and blending capabilities, and additionally, packaging, private labelling and warehousing services to major chemical companies in the UAE.
The manufacturing plant is located in Abu Dhabi’s Industrial Area ICAD 1 and occupies approximately 30,000 square meters. Storage facilities for all raw materials and products have been incorporated, including bulk storage facilities for key raw materials and intermediates. The plant was designed and manufactured using international companies experienced in the delivery of such projects.
GCC is committed to provide the technology and highest level of quality to meet industry standards and specifications and is accredited to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 management standards, as well as being approved by several major oil production companies in the region. GCC is able to customise product formulations to meet the needs of drilling fluid service companies, producing specific products and packages to their bespoke requirements.
- To ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environment is our first consideration during all business activities.
- To diversify the Company’s product and service offering to meet regional and international market demands.
- To maintain and operate our plant in compliance with international norms and standards thereby minimizing risk to life and property and production downtime.
- To create a working environment which provides job satisfaction, the possibility of professional growth and ensures we have maximum employee engagement.
- To run our business to ensure we achieve our stakeholders’ financial goals.
- Continuously seek international brand recognition for our products.
- To seek out strategic business/technical partnerships that will assist in accessing as many key markets as possible.
To establish Global Chemical Company as the best-in-class, regionally-located, speciality chemical company.
- We operate our business in a sustainable manner, consider the impact of our activities on our local environment and seek to contribute to community and society
- We place the highest priority on the Health and Safety of our employees and the longevity of our operations